Mark presenting at the New Jersey Council for the Social Studies at Rutgers University.
Types of Presentations
- Key note speech
- Half-day workshop
- One-day workshop
- Two-day workshop
- Other arrangements can be negotiated
Mark offers speeches and workshops on several economic education topics including the following.Current Topics in Economic Education and Personal Finance
- Morality and Markets
- What Were the Causes of the Crash of 08 and the Recession of 09?
- Teachers Can Be Millionaires Too!
- What Is the President Saying? Economic Statistics Every Teacher Should Know
- A National Survey of High School Economics Teachers: Are Economics Teachers the Same as other Social Studies Teachers?
- How economic reasoning improves the teaching in American history
- Why did the colonists fight when they were safe, prosperous and free?
- Why did the American colonies -- settlements without gold, silver or spices - become economically successful?
- How did the Constitution Establish the Rules of a Market System?
- Was the Free Land Offered by the Homestead Act a Good Deal for farmers?
- The Leaders of Big Business: Were They Industrial Entrepreneurs or Robber Barons?
- Why Did a Mild Recession in 1929 Lead to the Great Depression? Lessons for Today.
- The economics of racial discrimination.
- Did Free Trade after World War II Kill American Jobs?
- And More
- Mystery nations: Why Are Some Nations Rich While Others Are Poor?
- Basics of a Market Economy
- Investing in Human Capital
- The Big Oil Game
- Why do Nations trade?
- Cool Tools for Teaching High School Economics
- Latest Research on High School Economics
- And More
- Three Rules for Building Wealth for the Long Term
- The Economics of Going to School
- How to Spend Less Than You Receive
- Connecting to Financial Institutions
- Managing Your Credit
- A Roof Over Your Head
- And more
- Economic Thinking of Children and Adolescents
- Economics is Kid's Stuff
- Economic Concepts for Kids
- Integrating Economics Throughout Grades K-8
- Research on Teaching Children Economics and Personal Finance
Watch Video of Dr. Schug
What Teachers Are Saying...
"Like the enthusiasm; Great statistics!"
"Fun yet educational"
"Love the method of involving audience with the mystery nations -- makes me think!"
"Dr. Schug is extremely knowledgeable and an expert at explaining concepts in ways for me to easily understand -- we are lucky to have him!"
"Great interaction! Dr. Schug really makes all of this interesting -- wish I could take him home!"
"Cool activity - the game really helped to explain the topic."
"Very, very, very informative!"
"Dr. Schug helped me to look at a lot of things a lot differently than what I have in the past -- great presentation!"
"Marvelous and intelligent professor"
"It's been a long day and Dr. Schug was just as good as he was on the morning of day one!"